Sunday, November 7, 2010

Invalid SharePoint 2010 provides: Characteristics due to an error, fault or failure of activation of wsp SharePoint

Each developer has one of those days when everything goes wrong. You have developed a specific function, and decided to change the functionality of the namespace. For one reason or another SharePoint 2010 does not handle well, and even Visual Studio 2010 does not know how to handle it. So you received a message that you have activated a function with the same ID that you want to implement? And you can not go a certain way?

Well I thought to use PowerShell to remove these spfeatures as I tried, but the message was clear and clouds, can not uninstall feature because the feature is not found? Huh? Why? Well I tried the Get-SPFeature not recovered all the features I have installed and what do I see? My functions standing on this list, so I tried to remove it by Id, and what happened? Can not find the identity function? Crap you say? Well I used to WssAnalyzerTool code.msdn.microsoft.com and managed to get all the missing features.

Then I tried to run the code.msdn.microsoft.com WssRemoveFeaturesTool the site itself, but what do you say? Although this tool could not find this feature ... Imagine that ... So the last resort: if stsadm to dry. Did that work well, yeah! Worked more than it looks outside.

stsadm -o disablefeature -Id -force ==> Operation completed successfully
stsadm -o Uninstallfeature -id -force ==> Operation completed successfully
So you think you can do everything with powershell, well sometimes you can, sometimes you can't

No comments:

Post a Comment